Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Honesty isn't always Pretty

I shared this with one of my closest friends months ago:

I wish that I could tell you that I've taken this pain and turned it around only for the good but if I'm being honest I've done some really stupid things. It's strange how you will do anything to stop the pain for just a moment. The truth that I've come to realize is that it doesn't matter what I've been through or what I am going through, it doesn't provide me with an excuse to do whatever I please to stop the hurt. It's kind of crazy how some people will give me a pass because of it, but as a Christian, I know that my circumstances do not provide me with a pass for sin. There is no pass for that! You know I've been mad, sad, depressed, confused, I could go on and on, but I am not so blinded by this that I can't see what God has done for me. I may be beaten, but I am not destroyed. I can't see the master piece, but I know it's being painted. I have had days where I have refused to get on my knees and I have had days where I can't get up off of them. God' love is powerful and amazing. Most days I can't figure out where I fit in with this world, but the important thing is that I know exactly where I fit in with God. I LOVE GOD and I know HE LOVES ME and that's all I really need to know right now.

Honesty isn't always pretty...

3 comments:

Think In Pink said...

I just love you as a person, and I love your honesty. I think it's fabulous that you share it. So many aren't sharers, or even admit to feeling what they really feel. You may not know where you fit in this world simply because you don't fit in this world. As you stated, you know where you fit in with God and that's what matters. You are just a visitor in this world right now, making a difference for God's kingdom, and meeting your future neighbors. You've made an extreme difference in my life and I am so blessed to know you and call you friend. Love you girl! Praying for you everyday, but special prayers this week.

Tracy Crenshaw said...

I really see the Lord at work in your life. I can't see the masterpiece either, but I can definitely see some pretty impressive brush strokes. My heart aches for what you have gone through this year, but I can already see God making beauty from ashes.

And can I say again how much I love your blog! You have a true talent in writing.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you girls! I was truly blessed when God saw fit for us to meet. Your friendships mean more to me than I could ever explain! Love you both!!