Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's Nice to Meet You 2011

I have long awaited the arrival of 2011 for many reasons. Although 2010 did bring some good things, those good things are in the background and the bad is in the forefront of my memory. I had a friend tell me that it will blow me away when I am no longer counting the days, but the years that separate Matt and I. I looked up the definition of grief once and the best description was "the intense pain and emotions of losing someone you love". I assure you that grief is more than intense pain, grief is indescribable, but coming from someone who has experience, I will sum it up with one sentence: It is the death of who you once were and the birth of who you will become. I describe it this way because grief is so deep and painful in every form and fashion that you could imagine that no one who experiences it could ever come out of it the same. It can make you stronger or it can destroy you....I'm pretty sure there is no in between.

No comments: